Monday, July 6, 2009

Zucchini Casserole


Good morning all. I am starting my blog with a good recipe that I made with fresh zucchini and squash from our garden. I served it in a lovely Pyrex that I bought at Trash to Treasures this year in Crossplains, TN.
Here's what I used:
1 large zucchini
4 small squash (cause Shaun says they are better small)
1 small onion
squirt butter
salt & pepper
shredded cheddar
chopped pecans
Here what to do:
Spray inside of baking dish with cooking spray. Layer zucchini, squash and onion spraying lightly with butter and sprinkling salt and pepper between layers. Top with a handful or so of cheese and toss chopped pecans on top. Bake at 350 for 35 minutes. Yumm!!!!
We also had chicken breast soaked in italian dressing and grilled. I topped the chicken with tomato bruschetta that I bought at Sam's last week that is one of my new favorites. I cannot stop eating this stuff. I am a die hard tomato lover and want a recipe to can tomato bruschetta! Please advise is you have one. Back to supper.. we also had dirty rice which was almost too spicy for this meal.