Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Hankie Pankie


Well Finally!!! I was able to set foot in my craft room last night for a couple of hours! I love spending time making things. I keep a journal with me and anytime I have ideas I write them down for future use. This particular craft was in there for several months and I'm so glad I have gotten around to doing it.

A couple of months ago I picked up some old vintage handkerchiefs at an estate sale. They were in sandwich bags and I tore into them as soon as we got in the car. (Oh the things that excite me!) At a separate yard sale a year or two ago I had bought a vintage Martha Washington bedspread that wound up having some repairs and some snags but it was in decent shape. I had it in my spare bedroom at my old house. I've been itching to do something with both of them. So here's what I did!


I cut a piece of white scrap fabric and sewed the handkerchief to it, face up leaving a one inch edge. Then I ironed down the edge towards the front. I cut a piece of the bedspread the same size as the white fabric, put face to face together and sewed together leaving a hole to stuff the pillow. Next I turned it inside out, added stuffing and whip stitched the stuffing hole together. Walla!! A fantastic little pillow.. I made two more. It was so easy. These three will be for sale in my etsy shop later today... at least I think I can part with them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

inappropriate comments will be promptly trashed. thanks