Wednesday, August 19, 2009

The Secret Weapon

Happy Tuesday all! I'm gonna let you in on a little secret... The Secret Weapon in fact. That's just what I call it. It's a recipe for easy crock pot beef roast and vegetables. It turns into a wonderful supper when simply served with white bread or rolls and macaroni and cheese.

The Secret Weapon

1 good size roast (about six to eight dollars depending on how many you are feeding and what style roast you like)
1 envelope Onion Soup Mix
1 can Cream of Mushroom soup
Potatoes, Carrots, Green Beans, Mushrooms, Corn, Onion... whatever vegetables you prefer.

Place the roast in your crock pot. In a small bowl mix together soup mixes. I like to add a half can of water (can being the cream of mushroom soup can). Pour mixture over the roast and let cook on low all day. If you choose to use fresh veggies I would suggest to put them in from the beginning. If you are using canned you can add them an hour before the roast is finished. This roast usually takes at least 7 hours on low for a good sized roast.

Personally I like to use the crock pot when I am at home all day where I can stir whatever I am cooking. If you know your crock pot well enough to leave it while you are gone to work all day I would suggest canned vegetables and add them when you get home and let them cook for an hour in the crock pot to absorb the flavor.

Hope you like it!

2 comments:

  1. And by Tuesday.. I mean Wednesday! I was on my way to WalMart when I realized what day it was... at 2:45 p.m. just a tad scattered today :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are having this for dinner tonight. We put the pot roast on this morning!!! And we are going to have some cornbread with it, which I will be making when I get home!!! YUM!!!

    ReplyDelete

inappropriate comments will be promptly trashed. thanks