Wednesday, August 12, 2009

That's Amore

Last night for supper I made Talapia with lemon sauce, asparagus, italian tomatoes and lemon poppy seed muffins... all in under 30 minutes. Sometimes timing is everything. Of these recipes I want to share the Italian Tomato side dish that I made because tis the season for homegrown tomatoes which are the best and it's simple. So for you tomato lovers... here it is.

Italian Tomatoes (for 2... cause that's all there is at our house :)

2 large tomatoes
4 Tbsp italian breadcrumbs
3 Tbsp olive oil

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Slice tomatoes in half. Squeeze ever-so gently to get some of the seeds out. You can cut a few out. Place tomatoes in a casserole dish flat side up. In a small bowl combine breadcrumbs and olive oil. I also had fresh basil on hand from my herb garden so I cut about a tablespoon of that up and added it. You can also use just breadcrumbs and add whatever spices you like. Spoon the mixture on top of the tomatoes. Place in oven and bake for 30 minutes.

I am a tomato lover especially this time of year when they are fresh from our garden. I'll try just about any recipe that includes them!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

inappropriate comments will be promptly trashed. thanks