Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Mexican Cornbread

Howdy All! I've been a busy gal the last few days and haven't had an inch of time to blog! I helped at the annual Dove Shoot yesterday and, for the third year in a row, made my Mexican Cornbread. It wasn't near as spicy this year because I forgot to pick up one of the ingredients at the grocery. It is super easy and really good so I thought I would share it with you.

My Mexican Cornbread

2 Jiffy cornbread mixes
2 eggs
2/3 cup milk
1 can chopped green chiles
1/2 jar chopped jalapenos
1 can corn with red and green peppers (Mexican mix)
1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese

Preheat oven as directed on cornbread box. Combine all ingredients and pour into a greased 9x13 pan. Cook for 20-25 minutes. This is a spicy and colorful cornbread that is just terrific.

(As I was typing the ingredients I realized I left out 2 ingredients yesterday! Oh well... that's what I get for trying to do too many things at once!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

inappropriate comments will be promptly trashed. thanks