Monday, October 5, 2009

Thrifty Ladies

My niece Lacey and I have always enjoyed what we call "Lacey Laurie Days". These are usually Saturdays where we spend the entire day together doing whatever we feel like doing. This past Saturday, since my niece and nephew were spending a few days with us, we decided to go out for the day and thrift our hearts out.

With the help of the internet I compiled a list of thrift stores in Nashville. I called to get hours, verify addresses and to make sure some of them still existed. I got pretty good vibes from a few of the stores just by the person that answered the phone so those were the stores I chose for us to visit.

On Saturday, we got up and got ourselves ready, stopped for a quick biscuit and sweet tea at Mrs. Winners and hit the road. I decided to make our first stop the furthest on the map so that we could work our way back home throughout the day. Luckily our first stop, ThriftSmart, was the best thrift store in both of our opinions. We spend about 2 hours in this store and left there with arms full of goodies.

Our next favorite stop was close to Baptist Hospital called "Ladies of Charity". I was surprised to see the quantity of ladies volunteering at this place! They were everywhere and ever-so helpful to all of the shoppers. This particular place had more "name brand" clothing and was a bit higher priced but it was obviously worth what they were asking. We had no trouble finding items to try on and left there with huge smiles on our faces because we both had a new favorite pair of jeans in hand as we exited!

Our third favorite, I would have to say, was the Southern Thrift Store on Charlotte Pike. Lacey, who is in love with certain t-shirts, found quite a bit here with very good prices. I came away with only a couple of shirts and an enamel serving tray but I was very pleased with the store.

We had a wonderful day and managed to squeeze in lunch at our favorite spot... Baja Burrito! Which is always a good choice!

Here are our top three thrift stores in case you would like to visit them yourself:

ThriftSmart - 4930 Nolensville Rd, Nashville, TN 37211

Ladies of Charity - 2216 State Street, Nashville, TN 37203

Southern Thrift Store - 5010 Charlotte Pike, Nashville, TN 37209

1 comment:

  1. It can be so hard to find a good thrift store. Too bad you and i both know i won't venture out on my own to look for these in N'ville, lol!

    ReplyDelete

inappropriate comments will be promptly trashed. thanks