Monday, November 16, 2009

A Child-Like Heart

Good morning viewers! This past weekend goes in the good book of weekends. I helped out at the turkey shoot, hung laundry on the line Saturday and Sunday, hung out with friends, baked and cooked but my favorite was what my Mr. did for me.

Yesterday I woke up talking about a rope swing. After breakfast Shaun headed out to his shop and I thought he was just going out to work. I walked out there and low and behold he was cutting a seat for my new swing. We walked around and finally picked out a good tree, which was not the one I had intended because the branch didn't go out far enough. After several attempts at throwing the rope over the branch the rope swing was tied up and secure enough for the maiden voyage. I took a turn and my Mr. took a turn (I took pictures of him but was told not to put them on ebay... or mypage). I swung for a little bit and then went back to my Sunday doings.
Later on I went back out by myself. The swinging was wonderful. The breeze felt perfectly cool and the sky in front of my feet felt touchable. I have always loved to swing but this time it made me feel like I was too old to be doing this. What is inside of me that made me want this swing in the first place? There aren't any children here to use it. I caught Shaun watching me and thought.. what is he thinking? Does he think I'm too old for this too? I got off the swing and went back inside.

After Shaun left to go hunting I went back out to the swing and as the sun went down my thoughts were settling down. It's OK to let your inner child out. If you keep it inside and never let your actions show that your youth is still in there it will get lost. It feels good to the soul to jump, run, swim, scream, laugh and even swing.

What is your inner child asking for?

3 comments:

  1. Love it!! Love you...Marty

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very true. The picture is absolutely beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Marty and Stacy! The picture on this one was also featured with a story on Nashvillest.com :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

inappropriate comments will be promptly trashed. thanks