Monday, November 2, 2009

What's For Lunch?

Hello All! I hope everyone had a wonderful, safe and spooky Halloween weekend. I sure have enjoyed the beautiful full moon that was still looming outside my bathroom window this morning. Aside from all the candy that was consumed this weekend... yes by you... I wanted to pass on a healthier lunch that you can try.. minus the candy. It can be prepared ahead of time for at least three lunches for yourself during the work week. This is one that I made up so bear with me while I explain.

Workday Lunch

White Rice
Broccoli (1 bunch, usually 3 heads, washed)
Water
Lemon Pepper Seasoning
Butter
Wheat Crackers (or whatever your favorite healthy cracker is)
Half of an Apple Sliced

In 3 microwavable containers, pour in 3 Tablespoons of plain white rice into each container. Next add one head of broccoli to each bowl just using the tops and stems. Add a couple of dashes of lemon pepper seasoning (sometimes I use dill also). Add just a sliver or two of butter (this can be omitted.) Put the lids on the containers and store in the refrigerator.

At lunchtime, at home or work, add enough water to cover the rice and then just a tinch more. Heat on high for a minute and a half with the cover on but not sealed... just laying on top. Let sit for one minute to let the water absorb into the rice. If you have too much water you can drain it off. Have a half of an apple sliced, some wheat crackers, maybe even some sliced cheddar on the crackers and a bottle of water. It's a quick, easy and healthy lunch that I hope you enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. What a yummy, healthy lunch! I'll have to try this one.

    ReplyDelete

inappropriate comments will be promptly trashed. thanks