Monday, December 7, 2009

A Place To Hang Your Cards

Hey Y'all! I hope everyone had a lovely weekend. It sure was a cold one here in Tennessee! Miss Pepper and I took a walk in the woods bird watching yesterday and I got a tad chilled. I did get to see two birds that I haven't seen before. One of them is a winter resident in Tennessee which explains partially why I haven't seen them before. The other is a year-round resident that I just haven't seen. I wish I had brought the types that they were with me today... maybe tomorrow. I do want to share a new section of my blog on the right hand side that is a log of birds spotted at my feeders along with links to a website that will show you what they look like. Just a note, the link will direct you away from my blog.


Now for the topic and craft of the day. A place to hang your Christmas Cards. I made my version a couple of years ago and thought that I had lost it during my move this year. Luckily enough I found it! Here's what you need.



Christmas Card Wreath


45 clothespins
45 medium sized jingle bells
1 wire clothes hanger
1 can green spray paint
newspaper
pretty ribbon



First lay the clothespins on a few pieces of newspaper in a well ventilated area (like outside). Spray paint one side of all of the clothespins and allow to dry (refer to paint can on drying time). When dry, flip the pins over and spray the opposite side. Be sure to spray the actual sides of the pins during this and allow them to dry. Next unhook the twisted part of the coat hanger and mold wire hanger into a circle. I cut the actual hook part off of mine but you can leave it on. Now alternately thread clothespins and jingle bells onto wire hanger. Twist the closure at the top back together once wreath is complete. Tie a nice bow at the top to hide the closure and hang it anywhere.


I have found this is better for me than taping my Christmas cards up or just laying them around. It makes a nice display. If you want to get a little fancier you could use a different color spray paint. Like maybe red paint with a silver ribbon or white paint with a blue ribbon. I hope you enjoy it if you make one and please let me know if you do or if you have any questions!

No comments:

Post a Comment

inappropriate comments will be promptly trashed. thanks