Tuesday, January 5, 2010

This'll Warm You Up

Is This'll even a word?? I say yes! Good Tuesday to you all! We are five days into 2010 and it is frigid outside! I don't mind it much. I always say "if it's going to be winter bring on the cold!" I think we may just be on a record breaking streak for the number of days with below freezing temperatures here in Tennessee. As for me.. I have turned into a sweater girl. I am a hot natured person meaning I get hot easily but I have broken through that by way of comfy sweaters that aren't too confining. This past weekend, my sister and I went to two thrift stores in Nashville and I scored seven sweaters, two t-shirts and a cool new purse all totalling about forty dollars. Man, what a thrifty shopper and I am in love with my new sweaters. Just judging by the brand names I purchased I would have easily spent two or three hundred bucks on them retail... maybe more than that.

Today I would like to pass on a recipe that I've had for a long time. You may have it or have had it at some point in time. It's a hot tea sipper made with Tang orange drink and instant tea. When I cleaned out my pantry before New Year's, I found a jar of it that I had made last winter. This past Sunday I drank a warm mug of it after bird watching outside and it was sooo good. So here's the recipe for you:

Hot Tang Tea

1 - small jar of Tang or orange flavor, powdered breakfast drink
1 - small jar of instant tea
1 - Tablespoon cinnamon
1 - Tablespoon ground cloves

OK... my recipe says it like this... Mix whole jar of Tang and half of small jar of instant tea. If you already have the ingredients on hand or can't find small jars of Tang or tea, mix half as much tea to Tang. Meaning if you use 1 cup of Tang, use 1/2 cup of tea... got it? Mix in cinnamon and ground cloves - adjust according to how much you make. Store in jars. When you are ready to mix up a mug just stir in a couple of spoonfuls of mix to a mug of hot water.

I have also seen raspberry cool ade added to this recipe for an even fruitier taste. I stores for a long time in jars with lids on them. It is sure to warm you bellies during cold winter days!

P.S. This recipe can also easily be given as gifts. Just tie on directions with a strip of cut fabric for a homemade look.

1 comment:

  1. LOVE it! I haven't made it in a few years but we used to give it as Christmas gifts as well. Thank you for reminding me of this tasty beverage! I might just go home and make me some tonight!!!

    ReplyDelete

inappropriate comments will be promptly trashed. thanks