Thursday, February 4, 2010

Hey Look!! It's me!!

Gee whiz y'all... I have just been refusing to blog. I don't know what it is. I've been busy cooking, crafting, creating, and renting the heck out of library books! I call it renting for some reason. I was always intimidated by libraries... I think it was the fact that I had to be quiet that pushed me away. I do remember to silence my cell phone every time I go in and I have become quite the regular at our tiny local library. Even a tiny library houses tons of books I've found. I have been glued to my latest rental... Martha Stewart's Encyclopedia of Crafting. Wow. The things I never knew. I got out my post it notes and started tabbing pages. My grocery list has grown this week too as far as crafting supplies goes.

I wanted to share some pictures of what I have made so far. You'll have to rent the book to find out how to make them yourselves... evil I know. But I have been having so much fun. Last night I read about marbleizing, like on paper or anything for that matter. I think I'm just going to have to ask for this book for my birthday. It's a good one.


I am sad to report that I may just get kicked out of the library yet because as I was picking the book up off of the copier from imaging a recipe for bath fizzies I tore a page. Talk about the gasp heard round the world! Yeah.. that was me. I feel like such a common criminal. They are sure to revoke my library card when I tell them what I did. I'll probably leave out the copying part but I for sure can't hide that tear... it's a big one. Mama always said I can't do anything halfway. They probably have some of the acid free tape that's better for the books.


P.S. Please don't tell Martha.

No comments:

Post a Comment

inappropriate comments will be promptly trashed. thanks