Wednesday, February 24, 2010

HHHhhhhmmmmm but alas....

Hello All. Well.. Monday evening was a big bust. We went to Walmart. We got a new TV. But we still got no Channel 8. And after having such a wonderful day I have to report that the evening was not so super. I couldn't even report back on it yesterday. My facial expression has currently changed. What can I say? I miss public television. It was worth paying a small amount when a telethon sucked me in to a cookbook and show called "The Rise of the Southern Biscuit" that I just had to have and thus fore made a donation. But there were other shows that I equally enjoyed. The Antiques Roadshow for numero uno. It got me through my single years. Every Monday night you could find me stuck to the television at seven o'clock sharp while sitting at my ungodly heavy glass table that I got whipped into taking eating my favorite single meal, a bacon, egg and cheese sandwich on toasted white bread, kosher dill pickle spear, Lays original potato chips and Smirnoff Ice. Ah.. those were the days. Not the single life... the ARS, BEC, SI & NPT.

Which by the way.. why is everything abbreviated now a days? My new favorite is LBL. Light Bladder Leakage. Not that I have it and it's a favorite but it's the fact that society has gotten so comfortable with abbreviations of medical conditions that it sounds "cooler" to accidentally piddle in your pants if it's called LBL. The next time you end a text with an LOL add a little LBL cause if it was that funny you know you did... just a little.

I also miss the documentaries on NPT, Sesame Street, Sunday cooking shows and I could never forget Tennessee Crossroads. That is a good show. Shaun and I would watch it every Sunday morning. It was a show all about Tennessee and attractions and down home, good ole Tennessee meat & three's all over the state. I don't even know who has the best bar-b-q in Tennessee anymore...even though I never tasted it myself. If the Crossroads said it then it is the best.

Just imagine life without Bob Ross on Saturdays and you have imagined my life without NPT. Of course we could just pay for cable or satellite and we'd have it but who wants to pay for TV? I reckon I'll just do without. LOL... LBL

No comments:

Post a Comment

inappropriate comments will be promptly trashed. thanks