Saturday, April 23, 2011

Happy Easter

When I colored my Easter eggs a couple of weeks ago, my intent was to grow grass in a planter and for it to hold my eggs and look pretty as can be at the center of my table on Easter.  Didn't happen.  Truthfully the eggs have been sitting on my kitchen counter in the egg carton that they were placed in the minute I got done coloring them.  So with Easter being tomorrow and 18-20 guests coming over for dinner I figured I'd better do something with them.

I changed my centerpiece from being on the kitchen table to hovering above the table.  I only lost one egg in the making of this brill idea.  I wound up gluing multi-colored pastel yarn to the bottom, bringing the yarn up to the top of each egg and tying a bow.  Then hanging them from our antler chandelier.  It actually turned out pretty classy I think and the yarn gives it a bit of softness.  See what you think. 







I apologize for the crookedness, or then again no... I meant to do that :). 

So I have been meaning to tell something that I learned this year.  Back in March, or maybe just because everyone kept saying how late it seemed like Easter was this year.  Well, while planning a blog I came across the reason why Easter seemed so late this year.  I found it in the dictionary of all places. 
Gee whiz.. I feel like I've typed this before... deja-blog!  OK  Easter seems so late this year because... Easter is observed on the first Sunday after the first full moon that occurs on or after March 21st.  This year the moon was full on March 19th which was a Saturday and not again until April 17th - Palm Sunday.  Making Easter fall on April 24th.  I never knew how Easter was scheduled.  Maybe there was a full moon when they discovered the stone had been rolled away from Jesus' tomb.  So that's how they remembered when it was?  Happy Easter everybody.  He is risen! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

inappropriate comments will be promptly trashed. thanks