Sunday, June 19, 2011

Product Review Time!

Time and time again while working in my kitchen I reach for one of my very favorite items... my herb scissors.  Herb Scissors operate just like regular scissors except the have five blades instead of one so chopping fresh herbs is easy as pie. 

This morning I was making potato salad for the big FDC 2011, (Father's Day Celebration) I popped out to the garden, cut some green onions, came back inside, washed them and cut them in to perfect slices in no time. 

My memory is foggy when I try to think of where I first saw a picture of herb scissors.  It must have been a magazine or maybe a kitchen website that I used to get emails from and on occasion a look book.  However I came to find them I do remember my jaw dropping and my eyes getting wide.  I actually got mine for free through my rewards on my credit card.  They aren't expensive at all so I had enough points to buy them.  I received them within a few days and have enjoyed them ever since. 

I know you can use a cutting board and chop the with a real sharp knife but truthfully, unless it's serrated, I'm not that good with a knife.  I like to hold my celery up and fhump the knife through it letting the ends fall into the sink.  I use my Pampered Chef food chopper to chop nuts.  I like my kitchen gadgets to an extent and if I were P.W. I'd have five pair of these hunnies to give away right now.   But I'm not so I can only pass on where you can get them for a very fine price. 

Herb scissors are a very handy kitchen tool to own.  They even come with a little friend that helps slide leaves and pieces from between the blades.  Here's where you can find a pair of your very own.

1 comment:

  1. I didn't even know that these existed! I am soooo getting me a pair! Thanks Laurie!

    ReplyDelete

inappropriate comments will be promptly trashed. thanks