Tuesday, June 28, 2011

A Tropical Adventure

It’s summer.  Everyone is going to the beach and on vacation adventures, and while in my heart I don’t really want to go, I still feel a tad of sadness and a bit of jealousy because most of my family is in Florida and my best friend is sharing the same coast.  Although, I admired and agreed with a passage in a book I read earlier that said “there’s no where I want to go because there’s really nothing I want to get away from,” and “we live like we are on vacation.”  Not exactly the wording, I thought I wrote it in my journal but didn’t.  Alas… I wish I was there with them all to cook, play, sleep, read, eat…. at the beach.
But last night I too went on a tropical adventure, to an island.  I allowed myself, in the quietness of our room, to drift away to a sandy beach and beautiful blue water lagoon with warm breezes blowing and four friends along.  We explored the island and found a waterfall with crystal clear, clean water and a jumping rock perfect for diving.  We swam and sat in the sun.  We found coconuts and breadfruit and cannibals…Eeesh!  Luckily I was safe in my bed and eventually my friends were  too, all within the pages of my book.
I smiled and thought “I just had my own tropical adventure too… thank you Lord, I don’t feel so left out.”  It’s amazing where a good book can take you if you allow it to.
This week’s read:  Bed-Knob and Broomstick, by Mary Norton.  Yet becoming another  favorite… quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

inappropriate comments will be promptly trashed. thanks