Wednesday, July 6, 2011

A Few of My Favorite Things

Canning: especially canning using vegetables that came from a thoughtful and very sweet source.  Granny's friend Shirley.  Thank you for thinking of me.

Butterfly Hill: which is what I call the hill at the back of our farm that is too steep to bush hog.  It always has unique wildflowers and tons of butterflies and hummingbirds hang out there. This is the top of it... the flowers here... not that hill over there.

Flowers: I planted these coneflowers on Sipsey's grave two years ago and this is the first time they have bloomed.  I love that.

Me Time:  Our over sized claw foot tub that I can turn over in, watch the stars, and soak my cares away in.  I like the backless chair I got in BellBuckle too.  I knew exactly where in our new home it was going even before the house was anywhere near finished.

Library Books: and the evolving of my reading habits.  I was truly never a reader growing up.  It was only about three years ago that I overcame my fear of being kicked out of libraries and started checking out books.  I haven't stopped yet.  I am quite spoiled by the Davidson County Library, even though I have to pay once a year for the privilege because I don't live in that County.  It is near work.


And Finally Today: Dottie Girl trying to smell our supper through the back door glass.  This is the second time we have caught her doing this.  Clever way to get our attention huh?

Thank you for your time and attention.
Love, Laurie

No comments:

Post a Comment

inappropriate comments will be promptly trashed. thanks