Sunday, August 14, 2011

Our Afternoon Walk

Lots of times I ask... "hey, want to walk in the creek with me?"  I don't usually get the answer that I want but today I did.  Shaun and Dottie and me took a hike to the creek then down the creek one way and back up the other.  Then through one field, through a fence, around the pond and back home.  I loved it... as I always do.  I feel like a kid when I am in that creek and playing in the woods.  There's just something about the way I connect with it that comforts my soul... until it gets dark... then I'm ready to be home although I feel that I know the woods well enough to find my way in the dark.  I've closed my eyes down there before. 










It is amazing that an hour spent with someone you love can produce a lifetime of memories.  I love this place.

No comments:

Post a Comment

inappropriate comments will be promptly trashed. thanks