Wednesday, August 31, 2011

You got new leags Lt Dan

I once read on a fellow blogger's blog that you should never blog as if you are talking to your best friend.  In some ways I agree.  You really don't want to know everything my best friend and I talk about well... mostly because you would think we were nuts most of the time.  We jive very well.  But this comment about blog "do's and don'ts" makes me hold back at times.  Maybe because I think I will be made fun of, thought badly of or just plain... no one really gives a poo.  So... I have come to the realization that I am just gonna tell ya .. ok!

So.. all that said here's my "You got new leags Lt Dan".... from Forest Gump.. you know!  I went to the eye doctor at Wal-Mart in the spring to get a new eye exam simply because I needed new contacts.  Whilst I was there... browsing the eyeglass frames and trying many, many pairs on as any curious kid would... I spotted the perfect pair.  This pair of glasses had pink frames, they fit impecibly well, they wouldn't allow me to look underneath my glasses and have to look down to see, and they reminded me of something Grandma Covington wore... large frames.  I knew they were the ones for me, but wait... frames are expensive and lenses are even more expensive and I am here for an exam and contacts today. I put them back on the plastic faux nose on the wall, said good bye and walked away with my new contacts.

I thought about these glasses more than a few times over the next month or two but toned down my desire for them by telling myself over and over I didn't need them.  Well I gave in when I had the thought of finishing the dove hunt magazine and having extra money when it was done.  I told myself I could have them... finally as a consolation prize and award for a job well done. 

The day came.  I stopped at Wal-Mart after work on a Friday and although I had not yet gotten my payday I did have enough to go ahead and order them so I thought.  I am pretty sure if I had been clocked on the way in the store I would have gotten a ticket.  I went straight for them, tried them on and felt the "Oh Yeah... these are the ones" feeling once again.  They are large and in charge and I can see the world with these!  I quickly turned to my left answering the eyeglass sales lady's question of "can I help you."  "How much are these frames?" I said.  She answered "Nine Dollars."  Hmmm? My first thought was ... and I waited all this time?  Ok.. "how much are the lenses for these frames?"  Well, she said, if you just get the normal plastic lenses that fit those frames they are 14.95 per lense.  My total coming to a wopping $38.95 for a fabulous pair of frames that I adored.  I couldn't believe it.  I never imagined, nor have I ever spent less than 150.00, that my new glasses would have only been forty bucks. 

I am glad that I didn't ask the day I got my contacts how much the glasses were nor notice the 9.00 tag right underneath the set... mainly because I didn't have my new contacts in at the time.  I walked away with a new pair of glasses and for a steal of a deal.  And my... don't I look smart!

1 comment:

  1. Wow - I love these glasses. They are so gorgeous - wish the photo of you wearing them was a little less blurry though - maybe the photographer needs new glasses too.

    So jealous of these gorgeous frames - might have to get myself a pair just like them

    ReplyDelete

inappropriate comments will be promptly trashed. thanks