Sunday, September 25, 2011

The Love Goes On

While feeling as if my chores could be put off until the afternoon on Saturday, I called my sister having the feeling they were yard sailing.  Yes.. I meant sailing.. you do drift from one sale to another.  Luckily they hadn't embarked as of 8:30 AM which is late for them to be heading out.  I invited them in for sausage, eggs and cinnamon rolls and we were off. 

It was a great day for sailing.  I didn't buy a whole, whole lot but what I did buy I HAD to have.  Such as a lamp for fifty cents that doesn't work, a canning jar for ten cents that will work, some Pyrex saucers with tiny green flowers and, oh did I mention, old sheets!  We were at a sale later in our journey where I found brand new (vintage) dish towels with cooky flowers and teapots from the dollar store that still had their thirty three cent price tags on them.  I don't remember dish towels being under a dollar at the dollar store.  We were about to leave this sale, had already paid my two dollars for six dish towels, a shell covered box for M.E. and an old Ball box of canning lids when I spotted a whole row we hadn't gone to.  I think we almost walked off even after saying "Hey... we did y'all go down there?" 

We wound up finding a table and three boxes full of old sheets.  Not yucky, smelly old stained up sheets like one might think.  Actually I usually only find the top sheets, the flat sheet, which is probably a good thing.  I got four new sets of pillowcases and one beautiful flower covered flat sheet.  These are the type things that make me done for the day, I'm ready for these suckers to be washed and on the clothesline.  Which is just what we did... called it a day.  And lucky for my sister, her husband was at home getting ready to put a clothesline up for her so she really needed to head in anyway. 

Who are these lucky girls?!?!

The olive green at the end is terribly gorgeous.
So Ultra colorful!
Ugh the beauty!  The just don't make 'em like they used to.
The red is the hair towel I got, same sale, same twenty five cent price tag.
That's one of the lucky girls!
And P.S. I did get my chores done when I got home!

No comments:

Post a Comment

inappropriate comments will be promptly trashed. thanks