Wednesday, October 5, 2011

A Colorful Journey

Last week my friend Jenn opened my eyes to a new kind of journaling.  A-Picture-A-Day.  Now you don't have to be a trained artist or even know how to draw to be able to create something beautiful.  And it's for your eyes so does it really matter? 

I am a little tired this evening as I haven't been sleeping well.  But I wanted to share my little creations the last five days.  I began my Colorful Journey on Saturday, October 1st.  I plan on filling the month up with whatever strikes me when my pen hits the paper.

For the paint I am using regular, cheap-o acrylic craft paint and water.  I cut an egg carton, add a teaspoon size or less of water to each egg carton cup and a drop of paint.  Stir it up and paint away. 

For the paper, I don't have any special watercolor or drawing paper.  I don't like to buy a bunch of crap at the craft store with good intentions.  I prefer to make do with what I have.  So my paper is simply a heavy pound of copy paper folded in half.  After I add the paint I let it dry for five or ten minutes then put it in between a couple of heavy books to help flatten it out.

Here's what I have so far... provided the up loader let's me put tall pics on here.  You may have to turn your head slightly to the left. 


Or to the right :)



I've not a clue how this one cooperated.

I got mad a while back and actually have it written in my journal I CAN DRAW!  Just tell yourself you can, sit down and DO IT!  It's not going to come out unless you let it.  And a whole month of a Colorful Journey will give anyone plenty of practice!

No comments:

Post a Comment

inappropriate comments will be promptly trashed. thanks