Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Christmas Mail is Fun

Remember my Mistletoe Hunt gifts I sent to far away family?  Sending Kisses?  Scroll down to see that post.  Well I received a package of my own in Tuesday's mail.  How exciting to come in from a long day at work and 45 minutes worth of driving home traffic to see a tiny box on top of the mail on the table with my name on it!  I knew I hadn't ordered anything online, at least nothing that was being shipped to this address.  I play Secret Santa and have everything shipped to my sister's house.  Sneaky :)

I quickly opened the box to find a card from a mistletoe recipient.  I dug further to find a fantastic full apron with little ladies hanging laundry on the clothesline on the front of it!  How perfect for me!  This morning I wore it making breakfast and thought I'd snap a pic or two to share. 

Thank you Aunt Dea for thinking of me!  I love you and Merry Christmas!

I reckon I had already cleaned up breakfast.

I sometimes wish I was as willing to have  my picture made, or good enough to take decent picture of myself without cutting my head off, like some of the blogs that I follow.  Sometimes I would like to take pics of outfits from the thrift store that I put together.  This morning I just so happen to have the camera out and a thrift store bargain outfit on.  So... here's possibly the one and only outfit that I will share.  Or maybe the first and you'll just have to put up with my photography errors and goofy faces.

Sweater: ThriftSmart $3.00
Wool Lined Skirt: Ladies of Charity thrift sale $6.00
Leather Waist Belt: Ladies of Charity thrift sale $2.00
Copper Hawk Necklace: Hand me down from Aunt Charlie Ann
Boots and Knee Socks: actually these I purchased last Friday at Off Broadway shoes.  Boots $34.00 Socks $9 for three pair which scrunch at the top either over or under the knee (black, white, ivory) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

inappropriate comments will be promptly trashed. thanks