Monday, January 2, 2012

January Day 2: Junk Day

My sister sent me a text last week itching to visit the antique barn in Springfield.  I said "how about Monday?"  I was on holiday from my job today so we took our happy selves there just a tad after they opened this morning.

  I love these paintings.  There were two of them. 
 I did buy this teeny angel candle holder for next year.
 This angel found something that once belonged to her!  Sold at her yard sale, it still has her initials on the bottom!
 Why the heck I cannot come off of fifteen bucks for a fabulous Samsonite pink briefcase I have no idea.  I love it.
 I love this iddy frog.
This one inspired me somehow.  One of those shelves that I just stopped and stared at for a minute.

Contrary to my personal tradition, my Christmas decorations were not down before New Year's Eve.  My neck has been out of whack for several days now and after my third day in a row to visit my chiropractor he advised me to STOP.  No lifting, vacuuming... does he know me???  Rarely do I sit down, rarely do I watch TV, rarely do I blog like I would like to because I cannot be still!  That was Friday.  Today, after the junk shopping, I managed, at my own pace to get the things taken apart and neatly put away.  It was actually a good thing that I got some inspiration this morning because I redid my mantle with things that I collect from out woods and creek and ... barn floors.
 It does look better in real life.  Plus it is a showcase of things that I love. 
The rocks that I have collected, feathers found in the woods on my beloved walks and even three owl pellets found on Christmas Eve this year when we spotted an owl in the barn.  He had obviously been roosting in there for a while.  I started looking around the floor and found them.  Sick... I know... owl hair balls.  Hey.. we had to dissect them in biology!


No comments:

Post a Comment

inappropriate comments will be promptly trashed. thanks