Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Tub O Lard

A few weeks ago we sent our piggies off to be "processed" a little differently.  Different as in Shaun got to go through the entire process of seeing first hand each step of take our pigs from field to freezer.  Let's just say I was green with envy when he came home telling me all the details.  Next time I will be taking a vacation day from work, you can bet on that. 

Tonight we got our smoked meat back.  The rest was brought home after they processed it and went into the freezer.  We now have one huge country ham, two slabs of bacon, hog jawl and one huge Tub of Lard!  I had asked for the lard and knew they were cooking it down.  I really didn't expect the entire thing.  I guess I'm the only coocoo bird that wants it to make biscuits and suet and who knows what else! 




No comments:

Post a Comment

inappropriate comments will be promptly trashed. thanks