Sunday, January 15, 2012

Valentine Memory Game

As a child, one of my favorite games was Memory.  Where you have the little cardboard squares with pictures on them and have to match up the pictures.  Mine was adult and baby animals.  You would turn over a square cow, for example, and try and turn over the baby calf to match.  Or chicken to chick, dog to puppy, you get the picture. 

Well, I am always looking for ways to use my old canning lids and last week I had a thought of placing stickers on one side... a memory game was born.  This is so very simple and delightful at the same time.  Also it's a great way to re-purpose 20 or 24 used canning jar lids! 

You can really use any kind of pictures or stickers that you want.  This game uses different colored hearts with two of each color for matching.  Simply click  here for a copy of the pdf hearts.  Cut them out and glue them on to the top of the canning lid.  I used Mod Podge cause I'm that kind of girl.  You can use plain ole school glue if you have it.  Once they are dry, you are ready for an old fashioned, homemade game of memory!  Shaun even played a game or two with me!  We each won one round so I'm pretty sure we need a tie breaker... maybe later :)





I will tell you that the pdf of hearts for you to upload lost one set of hearts somehow.  So you can choose to omit one color of hearts.  This resulted in twenty two hearts which would leave your board uneven.  It's up to you.  Have fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment

inappropriate comments will be promptly trashed. thanks