Friday, March 23, 2012

Vintage Fabric Craft

Y'all, it literally took all of ten minutes for this craft to hit me and be in my hands.  The walls in the older kid room at the DC, if which I have been tossing around names for, need some love!  It's hard to have a happy mix of boy and girl in a room when I have so much girl in me.  This coming from a gal who loves the deer heads on the wall and the rusted screw drivers and animal traps hanging outside by the front and back doors of her home. 

Anyway, I was browsing through a Cath Kidston book and thought of a very vintage fabric in my stash that could really be used!  And I immediately thought of a large barn wood frame that my sister got for me at a yard sale for two bucks.  The frame doesn't have glass nor does it have a back to it... just the frame.  I ran into my craft room, dug out the fabric, the cardboard, the spray glue and went in the other room to retrieve the frame.  In less than ten minutes I was done. 

Snip, snip here and spray glue there.  Here is what I made.

My helper is always there.  He thinks he can craft anything. 
Probably could if he had thumbs.
 Trace the inside opening onto the cardboard then cut it out.
 Making sure to cut the fabric larger than the board that fits the frame to have overlap.
 It is on the cardboard from a TV box.  No this side is not prettier.
 Finished product.  I didn't show the spray glue part.  Not a place for a camera to be.
 No big deal, but a tasty piece of art.

Easy, peasy, Japaneasy.  That was impulsive and fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

inappropriate comments will be promptly trashed. thanks