Thursday, April 12, 2012

DC Wall Decor

The first day at my new job.... ahhh. I spent more than eight hours at the day care today. I painted, put down contact paper, put a bed together, did two loads of laundry, separated craft supplies and organized. What fun! This has been a project that I have been working on for months now. But today it began to seem real. And kinda like a Saturday.

Here is one piece of wall decor that look just minutes to do. It is something I will use daily with the kiddos to display artwork, colorings and let paintings dry. I am a huge fan of my outdoor clothesline and I desperately wanted one indoors as a display piece. I really wanted it to swag down from the ceiling from one end of the room to the other! This toned my excitement down a bit. I do love it though. I had to have the first piece of artwork to hang! Which allowed me to break out the crayons and craft paper.

I am truly loving this and cannot wait to share the fun with kids.

This is really simple. I bought some clothesline from the dollar store for... one dollar. I used a total of four long screws and strung ten clothespins painted green that were left overs from a Christmas card wreath that I made several years ago. Here's the final product!






I am working on the website for the day care that will hopefully be up and running soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

inappropriate comments will be promptly trashed. thanks