Saturday, May 19, 2012

Summer Sheets Make Me Feel Fine

So I ask you... is there anything better than sliding your tired body between a set of cool, clean, crisp,  bed sheets after a hot summer day?  I think not!  To lift that flat sheet above your head while making up the bed and daylight comes shining right through.  I have a few that I can plainly see the windows in my room through.  Fabulous I tell you.  You can have your 1000 thread count Egyptian cotton, I'll take my oldies that came from other people across Tennessee and beyond.

I will tell you that if you go the vintage sheet route, I am pretty sure it is a sin if the flat sheet actually matches the fitted sheet.  Or the pillowcases for that matter.  One of my sisters says that it would drive her bananas if her bedding didn't all match.  HAHOOEY I say!  Nothing matches on my bed... except for the Mr. and Mrs.

The best places to find vintage bed sheets are at yard sales, estate sales and thrift stores.  Most of the time at yard sales you will only find the flat sheet.  And at the thrift stores you are more likely to find matching sets that include the fitted, flat sheet and pillowcases, if you are lucky.  Sometimes they do have separates that you can dig through and maybe come up with a pair.  I recommend finding yourself a good, soft, neutral color fitted sheet that anything will go with.  Then, let the hunt begin for poppies and cabbage rose filled top sheets! 

I have made something for you.  It is a printable cheat sheet for bedding.  Just right click and print the picture below or copy and paste with my permission.  Keep it with you when you are out on the hunt flipping through sheets on a garage sale table.  Some sheets will have the tag that says Twin, Full or Queen, but some will not.  They will only have measurements of the sheet.  And you will look so smart to know exactly what size you need.  You may fall in love with your new sheets now. 

I only hope that you are lucky enough to have a clothesline to hang them on. 


These are a few of my favorite things... fa sho!


No comments:

Post a Comment

inappropriate comments will be promptly trashed. thanks