Monday, June 18, 2012

A Day Off

At times I feel that someone or something is trying to reach me.  I feel a tugging in areas of my life.  Like writing, taking photos, canning... something that really speaks to my soul.  I get too busy and stop listening.  I was lead to a writer's blog that was inspiring but not quite enough.  Then this afternoon I was led to this interview with a fellow Etsian, who had a quote that I quite liked. 

Live your life the way that makes you happy and damn everyone else.  ~michelle levy

I just love it when people aren't afraid of being themselves.

Today I lucked up and got the day off from the DC.  I love the time I have at my day care but I also love the time I get all to myself.  This morning I hung day care fliers up in town and drove to my sister's wild blackberry patch to do some pickin.  She and I headed to the patch decked out in our gear in hopes to avoid critters and chiggers.  Not to mention thorns!  We picked and came back to the house with two bowls full of berries. 

When I got home, I strained my Elderflower Fizz and made blackberry jam.  I have a little left over that will probably go in to Blackberry Margaritas for an after supper treat tonight. 

Here's some pics from the weekend and today. 

Saturday's Pickins
 Elderflowers smell absolutely divine.
I want to wear it.
 How pretty is this!?
 I am no good at self portraits.
My props go out to people that are successful at doing this.
P.S. this fizz will be ready to enjoy in two weeks.  Stop by!
 Ripe for the pickin!
 Our haul.
 End result.

HEY I KNOW!  Let's have a last minute Give Away!
Today, I made six little jars of Blackberry Jam. 
Leave a comment here or email me and I'll put the names in a hat and send you a jar
of my freshly made Tennessee Blackberry Jam!
Easy enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment

inappropriate comments will be promptly trashed. thanks