Monday, June 11, 2012

Fabric Covered Train Case

I have had a slight passion for vintage luggage. I only own two older suitcase pieces. One of them is a country blue make up case and the other I actually purchased more recently at a yard sale for three dollars. It too is a make up type case but was more referred to as a train case. I thought the most recent one would be perfect to house bottles of craft paint for the DC. Mainly so I could have my paint set here and there.

After seeing a post on A Beautiful Mess, which is a blog that I frequent, I had to transform my little train case. I went through my fabric scraps and got the Mister's opinion, which went something like "Which ever one you like" and "I like them all." He's so wonderfully neutral sometimes. I wound up cutting some fabric and cut the opening for the handle too large. So I started over with the fabric that I liked to begin with.

I absolutely adore this idea! If we didn't already have luggage, and live our lives like we are on vacation so no need in new luggage, I'd hit up every thrift store in town until I found bigger suitcases just so I could cover them in floral fabric!

Just as pretty as it is like this.
But for three bucks at a yard sale... it's coverable.
 Notice the lovely paint brush holders sewn in to the lid.
 Cool hinges huh?
 I love the dogwood flowers.
This project was just as easy as it could be!
Oh I see now I had not yet trimmed around the handle base.
Whoops... it's been done :)


You can find the fabulous idea for fabric covered luggage HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment

inappropriate comments will be promptly trashed. thanks