Monday, June 18, 2012

Oh Sweet Blackberries

I have a small tip for you.  THE BLACKBERRIES ARE FABULOUS THIS YEAR! 

I'm not sure if it is due to our short winter, long spring or warmer temperatures, but the blackberries are ripening and they are sweet.  So sweet in fact that I have been picking every day for the last week.  Sometimes I only come up with a handful and other times, such as yesterday at my sister's fantastic blackberry-honey pot, I come out with a bowl full. 

If you have access to a wild blackberry patch or see some while driving down the road, I highly recommend stopped and having a taste.  This is truly a wonderful year for them.


this pic was taken with my phone and is totally out of focus. 
on the good side i realize that my phone cam does focus somewhat.
so there is room for improvement.

have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

inappropriate comments will be promptly trashed. thanks