Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Learning to Sew

My niece Kristen has been helping out a lot at the day care this summer.  Last week she asked if I would teach her how to sew.  I felt that it would be good to start out small using basic stitches and my favorite of all... felt.  I am in a Felt Club your know... part owner in it.  Really it's just my sister Mary Evelyn and my club, but you can be in it if you want to.  Kristen is in it now.  Here are some pictures of what we made.  Simple little finger puppets using chain stitching and whatever the other stitch is called.  I am more of a doer and shower than an exact-namer.  Kind of like when I give driving directions.  I can tell you how to get there but the street names may be a little off.  Turn left by the cycle shop then three blocks make a right by the brick house with the fenced in yard type stuff.


 Little Dinos.
A Carrot.

And she made the cutest elephant!

I also made a french fry and ketchup but apparently did not take a picture.  Maybe there will be more.  These were so fun to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment

inappropriate comments will be promptly trashed. thanks