Friday, August 10, 2012

days of our day care

The soap opera version, minus the drama, of views of daily life here on our farm. 

I tell ya, this place sure keeps me busy.  Between the day care and life in general on our farm I am one busy girl.  Last Sunday afternoon, I put up 48 jars of green beans.  Whew.  Shaun picked five grocery sacks full of beans, my sister and I broke them up and I canned all afternoon.  My big pressure canner holds nine pint jars, which is what I prefer to can beans in.  I wound up breaking the other canner out around 9:00, which holds seven jars, to avoid being up until 10:30 canning.  It was quite a job.  Last year I put up 43 jars of green beans in four canning sessions.  We have one more picking and canning to go. 

We put out an extra row this year for the day care.  Yeah, I know, green beans are cheap at the grocery, blah blah.  I saved about 45.00 alone in green beans with that afternoon of canning on Sunday.  Plus they just taste better and I know no pesticides were used on them. 
And they are beautiful!

Giggle Box Garden Goodies
 Green beans from our garden at the house.
 Quite a job.  I don't know if I am still tired from that day or my new hours. 
 Good times in the sand box.  This was their bakery goods on display.
 Craft room junk.
 Artists
 Playing school.


No comments:

Post a Comment

inappropriate comments will be promptly trashed. thanks