Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Dino Days Bulletin Board

It seems like I change my bulletin board at the DC once a month.  I love what I have done but I get tired of looking at it after a while and am ready for a change.  I have been pondering on what to change it to, since Fall isn't here yet but summer seems to be slipping away too.  So I decided to pick something that a couple of the boys here are really in to right now... dinosaurs! 

I always start by sketching out my brilliant ideas in my journal.  Nine times out of ten it is really close to my original drawing.  I couldn't quite figure out what to do for the background.  What materials to use rather.  I decided to bring my freezer paper down this morning and I am glad I did.  During nap time today, I was reading my book quietly and somehow it hit me.  So I got up and got to work. 

I cut the freezer paper as best I could to cover the cork board.  I drew out a copy of my sketch.  Please keep in mind that I am no artist.  I merely trust in the finished product that I conjure up in my head and it will eventually appear.  I used watered down craft paint, like I explained using in my water color journal last October, and it worked great. 

For the dinosaurs, I printed out easy coloring pages and had the kiddos color them.  I cut them out and taped them to the scene.  Whala!  Instant dino environmento!

*Please excuse my pics as I forgot my camera today and had to use my cell phone.






No comments:

Post a Comment

inappropriate comments will be promptly trashed. thanks