Friday, August 17, 2012

Halloween Dreams

Being the summer lover that I am, it may be confusing that my favorite month is October.  Not just because my birthday falls in middle, plus three days, of October, but because somewhere around the end of my favorite season, Summer, the Halloween bug bites me.  I begin craving a Halloween party and spooky decorations including spider webs, pumpkins and blood dripping candles.  Year round I have odd things in the house, which aren't odd to me, but to most may be.  I keep things in and around our home in jars and odd places that I find in the woods, that most people would not touch.  I have bones, owl pellets and odd rocks, along with feathers everywhere.  I have the ability to spot feathers just like I have the ability to spot four leaf clovers.  A keen eye... maybe a keen witches eye... spookily spotting off items for spells and tinctures.  Really I just wanted to say the word tincture.  I'm not a witch....... or am I?

I surfed my gal Martha Stewart's website for inspiration this morning.  I also have a number of books on hold at the library right now, ready for pick up, and am craving the hosting of  Halloween party of my own this year... yet again.  Although I've never hosted one. 

Here are some of my favorites from the slide show on Martha Stewart's website.  I hope she doesn't mind me borrowing them.  If she sues me.... she'll win.


1. i love the plastic teeth in these little darling pumpkins.
2. i truly like old, black and white photos in old frames.  you can even spray paint cheap frames and print pics online.  easy.  i also like the specimens under glass.
3. this room reminds me of a spooky house on monteagle mountain near beersheba springs hotel from being a child and peeking in the windows of some one's summer home. 
4. a dc craft idea.  card stock, punch holes, thread yarn through... instant spider webs.
5. i like the pumpkin on the chair and the whole look of the room.
6. tea stained cheesecloth.  easy and cheap... like i like.
7. i love these mice.  i also love them template she includes for free with this one.
8. bats on a clothespin.  how simple and brill.
9. glow sticks in balloons.  once again, simple and brill.
10. this is definitely do-able.  and spooky.  especially if the are in a room where people are turning the lights off and on.  a silhouette murder scene.

ah.. if only i lived where you could see my house from the road.  just for the night.

here's the link to this fabu collection of Halloween ghoolness.  there are 75 in this slide show.

No comments:

Post a Comment

inappropriate comments will be promptly trashed. thanks