Tuesday, August 28, 2012

The Votes Are In

After stalking the Robertson County Fair website for a day and a half, I ventured out today to pay a visit to the exhibit hall.  Really, I made a cake to enter, sort of as an excuse to get in... sort of an attempt at winning.  I didn't win in the "Un-Iced Cake" category and after sizing up the competition I could see why.  They were precious and had some major experience... to put it nicely.  I could picture my myself, and my two friends named Stacy, who also enter items in the fair, in another twenty years sitting in their chairs waiting to hear if our fried pies won.  Seriously.... I was out of my league.

I did manage to bring home several ribbons on my non-baked items at the fair this year.  Eleven ribbons out of twenty four entries.  I am tickled to death and can't believe it because competition is stout.  Here are pics of most of the things I won.  Followed by other views in the exhibit hall.  Please, visit the Robertson County Fair and if you live in this wonderful county, please consider entering your own items next year!  It is so much fun and I am so glad that I decided to again this year.

 Zinnia category... you're mine!
 Very fancy quilt!  What a keepsake.
 This is a 3 inch and under division.
Isn't it precious?
 Hello Honey.  Hope someday to have my own here.
 That big ole watermelon on the floor is the big mama that beat mine.
 I wanted to take a nap in this corner.
I love the smell of tabacco.
 Well... here's the green eggs... where's the ham??
 Look out ladies.... I am in on this one next year.
You'd better believe it!
 I totally admire the cherry tomatoes canned here. 
That's a lot of work!  I know... I did it a few years back... once.

No comments:

Post a Comment

inappropriate comments will be promptly trashed. thanks