Monday, October 15, 2012

I gotta be me... facebook free

I have mixed feelings about Facebook and it's advantages and disadvantages for me... not for you.  You can do what you want and so can I. 

I logged back on to FB after being logged off for three years.  Maybe I am just not mature enough to be there.  I get mixed feelings, good and bad, when people post things about their private lives and when I, myself, post things about my life, which didn't happen often.  My main point of logging back on was to promote my new child care business.  However, as I don't feel that I have obtained any business off my FB business page, I also find myself logging on to see what everyone is up to rather than posting business items. 

To be frank, I just don't care, and I hate to turn this in to a negative post but I know I am not the only person that feels this way.  The people that are most important in my life I remain in contact with  and the people that I rarely see will find me much more interested in what's "going on" in their lives because I will be genuinely interested when I see their smiling face... in person.  Just like the good ole days. 

I know I didn't have to log on to Facebook.  I could have let it lie dormant and ignored everyone.  This way is more polite.  I hope my friends will still check in on this here blog of mine to see what I've been doing and cooking because that is what my blog is for. 

There we go.  My opinion and reasoning for breaking up with FB.  See you when I see you pals!

 
that's me on the left ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

inappropriate comments will be promptly trashed. thanks