Friday, November 2, 2012

In Admiration

In admiration of the author's chosen words.  Words that stick out and slap me as relative.  Relating to my life and way of thinking.  Isn't it refreshing to be knee deep in a novel and discover a piece of yourself right there amongst the pages.  And only for a brief moment in two or three sentences that I read and reread several times.  Then search for a pencil on my nightstand and jot the page number down on my book mark so I will remember where to look for the passage that will find it's way to my journal penning.  I finished the third in a series of books (I am starting the second one now) by author Alan Bradley. 

Quote 1:  Whenever I'm with other people, part of me shrinks a little.  Only when I am alone can I fully enjoy my own company.

Quote 2:  It always surprises me after a family row ti find that the world outdoors has remained the same.  While the passions and feelings that accumulate like noxious gases inside a house seem to condense like old smoke, the out of doors is different.  The landscape seems incapable of accumulating human radiation.  Perhaps the wind blows anger away.

Quote 3:  I think there must be a kind of courage that comes from not being able to make up your mind.

Quote 4:  We always want to love the recipients of our charity, but it is not necessary.  Indeed, it is sometimes not possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment

inappropriate comments will be promptly trashed. thanks