Sunday, November 25, 2012

Small Business Saturday

Yesterday, my sister and I decided to venture out to support Small Business Saturday.  We were mainly in search of holiday decorating inspiration.  It seemed that not many businesses had Christmas decorations out, at least the shops that we visited.  But we did happen upon an area or two that were new to ours eyes.  Places that supported local artists and places, like antique stores, that showed small businesses inside of non-chain businesses.  All in all we had a great sunny day of shopping in Nashville. 

I like going to places that leave a lasting imprint of the day well in to the next day.  That's what I picked up when we visited the Shoppes on Fatherland in East Nashville.  An area that was drowning several years back that has been revamped into a thriving area.  The houses are beautiful and the shopping is just plain neato.  There are also other shops on Woodland, one of which is one of my new favorite antique shops.  We hadn't started in this area of town first but if we had we may not have gone much further.

Support local shops any time!  Not just on Small Business Saturday.

***And here comes the sad part.  Apparently, after blogging for three years here, I have reached some sort of storage limit for photos.  So until I decide what I am going to do, e.i. stop blogging or purchase storage so that you and I both can enjoy pictures that I take accompanying my blog posts, I will be posting a link to my flickr account so you can look at pictures.  This sucks.  I love sharing what I am doing but I don't make money at it so there is no support to pay for the info I share here.  Not that it is a ton of money to purchase space but what's the sense if it only amuses me?

Please let me know what you think. 

I have thought of including a paypal button to the side incase anyone wants to donate.  But alas, for me, everything comes with a price eventually.  I do so want to keep sharing with you. 

Here's where they are for now.  Sorry! :(
 
**Update: this is my sister and she is very happy that I upgraded so I could share pictures on this here blog.  I hope you are too.  If you are ever feeling friendly and would like to support my efforts here, you can donate using the button on the right. 
 
I have considered and probably will go with using advertisments on my blog but I promise they will be a select few and more than likely will be from sites that I already have an interest in.
 
If you would like to talk to me about advertising your local business or online business on my blog please shoot me an email.  I'm not the biggest blog out there by any means but I do generate quite a bit of traffic here from friends and family that could definately benefit your business as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

inappropriate comments will be promptly trashed. thanks