Tuesday, November 13, 2012

What We're Reading

As you know I am a big fan of the library.  For the past few years I have used the Davidson County library system to transfer books in and rent DVDs like no body's business!  Lately I have found myself renting more and more books for the kids here at day care.  They really enjoy them and are very careful when handling them.  I have also found that books become scarce when a holiday is coming up.  All, and I mean all, of the kids books with Thanksgiving topics have been checked out for weeks.  I got smart to this real quick and have signed up for Christmas books early.  Most of them were not checked out and some of them were on waiting lists already which means that you probably will not get them in time.  Check out times for books are three weeks.  So what is the point in getting on a waiting list?  Especially when you can renew checked out books.  It all of a sudden seems like a vicious kid book cycle doesn't it?  Regardless... I'm in because it's all about them isn't it!?

These are our books for this week.  As you can see, two of them are still on the Fall-ish theme with pumpkin heads and scarecrows. 




 
The kids in my day care love story time.  And I love taking on character voices and interested faces.  Especially when they say "Again!"  We sometimes read books five and six times each in one sitting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

inappropriate comments will be promptly trashed. thanks