Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Simple Santas

This was absolutely the simplest of crafts.  I have needed more boxes for bathtub shelves  lately (thank goodness!)  so we have had plenty of them at the day care to play in.  When I box up a shelf I have to completely man-handle the box, cut it and make it fit because our shelves are made to order. 

That being said I had quite a bit of scrap cardboard.  So I cut a simple oval-ish piece for both kids for Santa's face.  Then I cut out the hat for them from red construction paper and tore strips of newspaper for the beard.  The boys suggested the crayons on their own.  So they used glue sticks and colored and pasted.  I think they turned out great.






I love these.  They are so simple and require very little yet filled the spot called "craft time" in our day.  I get some of the sweetest pictures of these kids.  This one is one of my favorites.


Even though I can't have children of my own, I have been blessed and am continuing to be blessed by the children in my life. 


there... i said it.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a fun craft! The last photo is so cute and sweet. Happy that you are blessed by the children who are in your life :)

    ReplyDelete

inappropriate comments will be promptly trashed. thanks