Sunday, December 16, 2012

The Dirty Dirty Part 3

Among several spots in our home that need a good cleaning out, this is the third one that I am sharing with you!  Let me tell ya, it's not easy to show the world what a slob I can be.  But I am playing "show and tell" as a sort of incentive for myself to get it done and also for you.  Maybe you have an area that needs straightening, a "catch-all" spot... don't you?

Well, also,  the end of the year is coming and I am particularly funny about taking un-necessary dirt and clutter into the new year.  In fact, I once read in a Feng Shui book that you need to sweep out all the old dirt,  from the previous year, right out the door.  I got what they meant and every year I begin to do weird stuff the last few weeks of the year.

Here is the tacky spot in my home that I tackled today.  The linen closet in my hall.  I have a thing for vintage sheets but I use the softest of soft flannel sheets during the winter and from about October until March that is what we use.  So what's the point of keeping them in this tiny spot when they can be bagged up for a few months?  I wound up keeping two sets down and a spare set for the guest bedroom.  Just in case they aren't fond of the flannel sheets for that room.  Mostly, the towels needed to be sorted, refolded and put in their correct spaces and everything else for that matter.  All in all this re-do took about twelve minutes.  And that is just silly because I have been putting it off for months. 

Before... not terrible but needs help.
 Flat sheets in with the towels??? Have I gone MAD???
 What a lazy slob.  This is how I kick myself when I look at these pictures.
Why is my Fourth of July flag even in there???
 Spread it all out to decide what goes in the attic and what stays.
 Stored extra pillows up top instead of on the floor.
Flannels on the right, looking forward to warmer weather on the left.
Gosh I love that old poppies flat sheet.  I want a dress made out of it.
 Refolded and refluffed.
I use the ones on the right, Shaun likes the ones on the left. 
We are quirky about the wash cloths too.
 I am beginning to be able to breathe again.
The fan stays.  It is still needed in the kitchen at times.
 And as for you vintage pillowcases... this doesn't mean Mommy doesn't love you.
See you in the Spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment

inappropriate comments will be promptly trashed. thanks