Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Garden Planning

I love spending Winter thoughts planning a Summer garden.  Dreaming about it's outcome.  Not knowing what the following Summer may hold for us.  This past year was very dry and we had to water yet our yield of some was higher than the year before. 

Sometimes I plant things that I don't use.  Things that go to waste and make me feel like I shouldn't have planted so much.  Or sometimes the weeds take over and I loose interest in what I once thought I would enjoy, mainly because I can't find it.  Even though we both do our fair share of hoeing and weeding.  It still gets away from us at some point and time.

Another snafu that I harbor is seeing seedlings come up from the previous year's seed drops and not having the ability to pluck them.  Therefore areas of our garden grow wild.  Especially through my herb and flower section.  It is a beautiful sight and wild and unruly is definitely a part of me and my garden will probably always grow this way... but.

This year, my list of plants to grow from seed, includes my intentions.  While making my list of vegetables and herbs, I noted where they are needed.  Mostly what our freezer is low on already and will need to be replenished.  I have not listed a few of our garden staples like green beans and corn.

 This is from my journal.  2013 Garden Plans.
 
This is from the next page and what I would like to make for my eggplant plants which are experimental in our garden this year so why not experiment with keeping them under control?
I got this idea/picture from the etsy sight that I ordered the seeds from, myvictorygarden
 
Over the last several years, I have become a journal person.  I keep notes on books, quotes I like, gardening, recipes and jot things down just to get them off my chest.  I have looked back on my journals on many occasions just for memory's sake!  If you aren't a journal keeping person, consider it.  It is a valuable possession to have.
 
What are your current garden plans?

No comments:

Post a Comment

inappropriate comments will be promptly trashed. thanks