Saturday, January 12, 2013

My Favorite Magazine

Let me tell you about my favorite magazine.  I don't have a subscription to it.  Mainly because it costs so much because it comes from another country.  But if I am lucky, when I visit Hendersonville or Rivergate book stores, I can find the current month's copy waiting for me on the magazine rack. 

It is Country Living, British Edition.  I first saw it on a flickr friend's photo that lives... somewhere else.  It has wonderful articles and home decorating pictures.  I am half intrigued to see how the other side of the world decorates and cooks but also I love the farm animal write ups and recipes.  Although the recipe measurements have to be converted to what I know and it totally throws me off if I try one. 

They also have a good resale value on ebay if I could ever let go of a copy. 

January 2013 copy.

This is how you know for sure that it's the one. 

This month has a good article about keeping chickens.  I love the idea of hanging greens for them like this.

I pour over the details of pictures like this.

This bed spread makes me want to learn to crochet.

This is my favorite edition from June of 2010. 

And this is why.  I was amazed at this article about the kingfisher that lives in their country.  We have them here but definitely not their beautiful colors.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like such a cool magazine! I love that article on chickens.

    ReplyDelete

inappropriate comments will be promptly trashed. thanks