Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Coming to Terms

I have always had a wish.  One particular wish that I have felt would take me places.  That wish would be to have that one thing that I am really good at.  Something I could make a living from.  A profession, a title.  Never certain of what that one thing could be because of not having a degree from college, of which I did not go.  Or a certain art like pottery or painting.  One where I could choose to devote my energy towards and either draw an income or make a name for myself.  Maybe that one thing is "dreamer!"

I have been self employed since May of 2012.  I have tried to find different ways of making money since a paycheck is not coming from one place anymore.  This venture has not been a desperate attempt.  It is purely putting my all in many directions.  I have the day care here on our farm (which needs a couple more kids).  But I also sell items online and bake pies and cakes for Perry's Smokin Pig.  I am using multiple talents in three areas at one time to derive an income.  This is the result of a talent in multi-tasking!  I have many irons on the fire.  Even when I am not at work, I am working.  My grocery list is larger and so is my heart.

I am "Coming to Terms" with that prayer and wish of finding that one thing and letting it go.  I am realizing that I have talents in many areas that are needed to make me who I am and who I am going to grow up to be.  So maybe all I can say is, the one thing I need to be good at is being myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

inappropriate comments will be promptly trashed. thanks