Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Weekend Adventures: WindRock

How do I even begin to describe what a good time we had this past weekend?  We took a mini vacation to the mountains of Tennessee to a four wheeling paradise called WindRock in Oliver Springs, Tennessee.  Oh... only 72,000 acres of fun!

We stayed at Indian Creek in a barn that has been converted into sleeping quarters.  Our cabin had two bunk beds, a mini fridge, microwave, coffee maker and of course a bathroom.  I was impressed that they had towels, sheets and blankets on the beds and coffee with filters all there in the room.  We had already brought all that stuff with us.  Next time I will remember that!

The trails were muddy and I mean muddy!  There were puddles of water to go through everywhere and rocks to climb.  I drove a bit on Friday and Saturday and let me tell you, it's a lot more fun to drive than ride in my book!  I didn't get stuck or break anything.  It is quite satisfying.

The best part of the trip is that we got to spend time with friends.  Some of them we see often, some of them we don't.  But like I told Shaun, "If you don't go anywhere and you don't see anybody, you don't have any tales to tell".  We obtained many a story from this trip that none of us will forget.  But we had a great time and I would do it again in a heartbeat! 




 Beautiful scenery everywhere.
 Up in the clouds.



 Bunch of heathens!

I really wish I could share all of my pictures.  That would probably be like watching a slideshow of somebody else's vacation.  Pretty boring for you... unless you were there.  Or have been there.  Then... you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

inappropriate comments will be promptly trashed. thanks