Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Checked Out

As you well know, if you are a regular reader of my blog or know me personally, I am a library book nerd.  I like to be able to put my hands on what I am reading.  I enjoy requesting certain books and the wait involved while some sweet library soul delivers the books to the Goodlettsville location and my trip there each week to return books and pick up new ones.  I always have a book bag stuffed to the gills with children's books for the DC and inspirational books for me along with one to read before bed.  I wish to share some of them with you on a weekly basis.  You may be a library person yourself, or maybe one who downloads books to your iPad or whatever you have.  Either way I come across some good ones that really tickle my fancy and just might tickle yours too! 
 
Today I am sharing a home decorating inspiration publication.  One that kept me glued to it for over an hour last night.  This week's book is called:
 
Shabby Chic Inspirations and Beautiful Spaces
 
By: Rachel Ashwell
 
Published Date: 2011
 
I love this book.  One thing I especially like is that the author has picked existing spaces to feature of people that she already knows, and has gone into their worlds.  Some very talented people might I add with beautiful, inspiring homes.  The pictures are gorgeous and she talks about each one with good detail.  They each show the owner's personality very well and offer wonderful ideas for decorating your own space.
 
Checked Out Rating: 10
 



 

Books like this are fun to look at and make me want to put up a cabbage rose shower curtain in the horse bathroom.  Sometimes I flip through a decorating book very fast and other times I get completely sucked in by the detail in pictures and ideas that they plant.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

inappropriate comments will be promptly trashed. thanks