Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Checked Out

I have done it again.  I have been to the library, gotten home with my books only to realize that I have rented this one before.  Which could mean I am very forgetful, or it might mean that the book was just that good.  In this case, I am forgetful.  But the book is good and I probably would have gotten it again anyway even if I realized at the time I had seen it already. 
 
This week's book is called:
 
JUNK Beautiful
Outdoor Edition
 
By: Sue Whitney, with Kimberly Melamed
 
Published Date: 2009
 
I like these gals and have checked out more than one of their decorating junk books and they are all good.  They even offer items that you can make throughout the book and instructional "how-to's" in the back.  The outdoor edition, however, seems to have a lot of set-up shots.  Which isn't necessarily a bad quality because these gals know what they are doing.  But some of the ideas aren't real practical for every day use, not in my world anyway.  It seems the wind and weather might run away with things.  But if you are having an outdoor party or gathering a lot of these ideas are perfect.  They do have a greenhouse shot that I love and that I feel inspired my dream greenhouse the last time I checked the book out.  I did find myself taking pictures of pictures in this book to print out for my inspiration journal.  Plus these seem like fun gals with a good sense of humor which leads to good and humorous reading.
 
Checked Out Rating: 8
 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment

inappropriate comments will be promptly trashed. thanks