Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Dirty Dirty - Pantry Style

Hey y'all.  This is another Dirty Dirty confessional about a portion of our home that gets out of control.  Now I am not going all Martha on this one and buying a bunch of unnecessary bins and a label maker, I am simply confessing, undressing, assessing, and..... unmessing my pantry. 
 
Not only is (was) my pantry a mess, this is before I went to the grocery so I feel as if it is a tad on the bare side for what is normally in there.  I always feel better when the pantry is full.  But what the pantry is full of... needs to be on the better side of the expiration date.  For instance, I have had apple cider mix in there for three years thinking we would make some apple pie and have not.  Therefore, while it may not go bad, it is expired and I don't need it anymore.  See what's happening here?  I am cleaning out and it makes sense.  Get rid of the stuff you "might" finish and "may" use and you will find the room to organize.  And if you don't want to throw it away because it isn't expired I am pretty sure the Hope center will take it or a food bank... look into it if you have that much unwanted food. 
 
So, on the floor of the pantry, in between the shotguns and behind the trash can, there sat a basket of dish towels and other such cloth-like items.  Didn't need it, got rid of it, folded about ten towels and put them on the bottom shelf.  I put the small chips in a basket and crackers in another basket and grouped items that just made more sense to be together... together.  All in all this little clean out took about an hour.  Mainly because I was on a mission and because Mary Evelyn was on her way to pick me up so I had to hurry.  Here's all the evidence.



Yeah... we'll tackle that spice rack some other time... and maybe my baking cabinets.

No comments:

Post a Comment

inappropriate comments will be promptly trashed. thanks