Sunday, March 31, 2013

Happy Easter

Happy Easter everyone!
 
 
I am here to send good wishes to you and to share a picture or two of how my Easter basket with the real grass that I grew and eggs that I colored turned out.  I tried several ways to naturally dye my eggs.  A couple of them worked out, one of them almost ate clean through the egg.  I never said I was a chemist!  Although I kind of felt like one and my kitchen looked like a lab with all the concoctions sitting about.  The buttercup blooms and dandelion blooms did the best for yellow eggs.  The ginger, parsley and lemon verbena in vinegar did not do so well for yellow tinting.  I wound up water color painting them all, even over the buttercup and dandelion ones because the painted ones were so much prettier.  I also put little spots on them in blue, mauve and brown just for fun. 
 
My chicken turned out well, maybe a little large for my basket but she's cute.  And there she is watching over her flock of eggs.
 
I am totally thrilled about the grass.  I have babied it for the last week and a half at the DC.  I thought about giving it a trim but, like my own hair, I like it growing wild the best. 
 
If you missed my post about my inspiration for my centerpiece, you can see it HERE.
 
Happy Easter and I hope you and your family have a wonderful day.
Don't spend too much time blog hopping!
 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

inappropriate comments will be promptly trashed. thanks