Sunday, March 10, 2013

Lovely Loot

It's beginning to look a lot like yard sale weather!  My sister, Mary Evelyn, and I set out this past Friday to hunt for a few early sales.  We were lucky but we had to go a little further than usual.  All the way to Madison and Inglewood.  We wound up finding a couple of estate sales and a decent yard sale or two.  No big hauls but a bit of good stuff. 
 
At one estate sale, we found we were there on the second day and the prices were good (and half price) so we feel as if we missed a lot.  But the things that I bought I probably wouldn't have paid full asking price for.  They also let us go through the garage which was pretty well cleaned out... they thought.  The man said "I doubt you'll find much out there but if you do you can have it."  Don't say something like that to us because we WILL find something and did.  I found the claw garden digger, hand sweeper and new drinking jar which is my favorite size... for free.  And Mary Evelyn found some old metal and a few other things that will be of some use. 
 
Our yard sailing motto is "you've got to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince."  AKA you have to go to some not-so-good yard sales before you find a real good one.  So keep going.

I have a slight enamelware affliction and have a hard time saying no if the price is right.
This affair has been going on the better part of ten years.
I see no reason to stop now and refuse to count how many pieces I have.
Oh look... there's two more pieces in the background.
My favorite is getting them home and giving them a good bath.  It really brings out the best in them.

I love this little bud vase and the French soap from Willow Tree Cottage.


New one dollar vintage camera strap!  I love it! 
Hard to take a picture of once it was attached to my camera!

Shaun will tease me when I bring home my finds but I always say "hey, it could be much worse, I could have come home with a new car or fur coat!"  He is glad I have inexpensive taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment

inappropriate comments will be promptly trashed. thanks